What is a chuck roast called in Canada?

I’ve been exploring some recipes, and I keep coming across the term “blade roast” when looking for chuck roast in Canadian recipes. Is “blade roast” the same as chuck roast in Canada, or is there a specific term I should be using when I head to the butcher? 

Thanks for helping me out with my culinary adventures


Sign up to join the conversation
2 Replies
Inline Feedbacks
View all replies
5 months ago

Yes, they mean the same.

In Canada, a chuck roast is referred to as “beef blade roast”, “boneless blade roast” or simply “blade roast”. 

When you’re in a Canadian grocery store or butcher shop, asking for a blade roast will get you what you need.